[Cwgrad-announcements] Way to go Vanessa!

Alexis Vergalla averg001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Mar 10 21:25:40 PDT 2008

  Well, Robin may have beaten me to the punch, but I
  have the title of the story. (Thanks for sending
  that out though!)

  Congrats to Vanessa! Her story "What we have is what
  we need" has, as Susan said via Robin's email, won
  first prize in the prestigious Atlantic Montly
  fiction contest.  It's "the most visible prize for a
  graduate student in the nation, and comes with a
  $1,000 prize!"

  Way to go Vanessa! Notes can be sent to her at
  vanessa.hua at gmail.com

  Alexis

What is not slightly asymmetrical, mis-shapen, seems to lack feeling:
-whence it follows that irregularity, the quality of the unexpected,
is an essential characteristic of beauty.
-Baudelaire