[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Submissions Wanted for a Short Film Contest

Amanda amandal at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 31 10:49:23 PST 2008

Dear School:

My name is Angela Li and I am an intern at Screen Gems, a Sony Pictures
Entertainment company. I wanted to reach out to you regarding a program that
might interest some of your students who may be aspiring filmmakers.

In conjunction with the entertainment website UGO.com, Screen Gems is
promoting a short film competition for the movie Prom Night (the film is
rated PG-13) at http://www.UGO.com/PromNight. UGO's Prom Night Short Film
Contest is seeking submissions of prom-themed thriller films 30 seconds to 5
minutes in length. The grand prize features an all-expense paid trip for two
to Los Angeles where the winner will meet with a top entertainment executive
at Screen Gems and be given $1,000 in spending money. In addition, the
winner and their family and friends will have the opportunity to attend a
hometown screening of the forthcoming thriller PROM NIGHT which opens in
theaters on April 11.

We'd love it if you could make your students aware of the program. Attached
is a Media Alert that provides you with all of the respective information to
hand out to your students or you can direct them to go online for the
official rules and submission criteria at http://www.UGO.com/PromNight.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if there is any other information
that you need.

Angela Li
Sony Pictures Entertainment - Screen Gems
10202 W. Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232
Email: Angela_Li at spe.sony.com