[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: writers week intros from susan straight

Amanda amandal at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 28 13:05:14 PST 2008

Dear All,
Here's what I've got so far for the Writers Week
introductions, and I know some people have made arrangements
for picking up writers, etc.  As far as lunches, I'm still
working on that, but do know that we're planning a Writers
Week reception on Friday Feb 8th from 12-2 and it would be
good to know how many of you would plan to come, so we can
think about food.  Always good to think about food.

Let me know if there are changes, but so far:
Writers and Introducers:

Paisley Rekdal - Alexis Vergalla
Richard Shelton - Melanie (last name?  so sorry!)
Ed Ochester - Christopher Buckley
Panel of Poets Moderator:  Christopher Buckley

Gordon Johnson - ____________ (or me, if no one else)
Judith Freeman - Tom Lutz
Nonfiction Panel - Laila Lalami (ok, Laila?)
Catherine Allgor - Goldberry Long

Chris Abani - Alba Cruz Hacker
Alex Espinoza - Brian Oglesby
Marisa Silver - Dwight Yates
Panel on Coming to California - Gayle Brandeis
Movie Screening LA Confidential - Robin Russin

David Hernandez - Noel Mariano
Tod Goldberg - Michael Jaime-Becerra
LA Noir Readers:
Diana Wagman - Brenda Varda
Naomi Hirahara - ________ (or me)
Emory Holmes II - Susan Straight
Denise Hamilton - Susan Straight
Panel on California Noir - _____________ (any takers?)

Joyce Carol Oates - Emory Elliott

Please feel free to email me if there are any changes, or
any new desires to introduce someone, or any questions.
Thanks very much,
Susan Straight