[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Kaos Films Newsletter

Amanda amandal at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 28 09:41:25 PST 2008

British Short Screenplay Competition

in association with

The National Film and Television School

www.kaosfilms.co.uk

In this Newsletter

1.	2008 Competition Now Accepting Submissions
2.	Kaos Films to Launch an Animation Competition
3.	Have Your Say

  _____

British Short Screenplay Competition is sponsored by:
Kodak, Lee Lighting, Panavision, Pinewood-Shepperton Studios, Write
Brothers, Inc. and Working Title Films

For details on how to unsubscribe from this newsletter please go to the end
of this document.

Good Bye 2007 Welcome 2008

Hello everyone, Happy New Year! Hope you all had a nice holiday and are
ready to begin the new year and what a New Year we have in store for you.

But first, we would like to thank everyone once again for entering the 2007
competition. It was a fantastic year thanks to you all.

In 2007 Kaos Films acquired the rights to produce not only the three winning
screenplays but also a finalist screenplay by Jane Hamer SEX! SEX! MORE SEX!
And acquired the rights on an animation series BEWARE THE SHADOWBOBS by the
scribe Maurice Jordan. Kaos Films will be putting this series into
production later this summer. Kaos Films has also signed up the rights to
one of last year's finalists THE BLACK BOOK by Austin Blakely.

And so on to the new year! There are some significant changes to the
competition this year please check carefully before making your submission.
The website is under construction and will have updates soon.

The main change is that the competition is being split into two, LIVE ACTION
and ANIMATION. Please check carefully before you enter. The BSSC LIVE ACTION
is now accepting submissions for the 2008 competition. The early deadline is
Friday 28th March and final deadline Friday 27th June.

The BSSC ANIMATION will be launched soon. Please do not enter any animation
screenplays at this time. We will be making an announcement soon on our
website, in our newsletter and in the press.

TWO winning LIVE ACTION screenplays will be produced and ONE winning
ANIMATION screenplay (full details on our website soon) - one LIVE ACTION
and the ANIMATION screenplay will be produced in our continued association
with the National Film and Television School, a bridge into the industry for
their top graduates of 2008, the second LIVE ACTION will be produced by Kaos
Films as a part a new initiative. Details of this exciting initiative will
be published soon.

Have Your say

The 2008 website will be launching soon with new features to keep you
up-to-date with the competition. We're planning on adding a BSSC blog where
you will be able to read and discuss competition announcements, production
stills and the latest industry news.

If there are any particular new features that you would like to see on the
site we'd love to hear from you. Please reply to this newsletter with the
subject "Have your say" or the usual address info at kaosfilms.co.uk. We are
waiting to hear from you.

We would also like to hear from you if you have opinions on the competition
as a whole. Let us know what you think. We value your feedback.

For Rules and Entry forms please Visit the website by clicking here
<http://www.kaosfilms.co.uk>

  _____

British Short Screenplay Competition is sponsored by:
Kodak, Lee Lighting, Panavision, Pinewood-Shepperton Studios, Write
Brothers, Inc. and Working Title Films

You have been sent this email in accordance with UK data protection laws as
this address is subscribed to the Kaos Films mailing list. If you no longer
wish to receive updates from Kaos Films please
<http://www.squarebracket.net/kaosmail/un_remote.asp?r=6017934899&email=aman
da.labagnara at ucr.edu> click here