[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Vermont Studio Center/letter from Gary Clark

Amanda amandal at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 17 08:22:11 PST 2008

Dear Vermont Studio Center writing alumni, Visiting Writers, and friends,

Happy New Year and hello from everyone at the Vermont Studio Center. I have
two things to share with you as the year gets underway.

First, I will be representing the Studio Center at AWP with a table in the
Bookfair exhibitor's hall, so if you are going to be among the 7,000! AWP
attendees, I hope you will come say hello, and bring your friends (let me
know ahead of time so I can look forward to seeing you). I'll have pictures
of the new Maverick Writing Studios to share, along with the roster of
Visiting Writers over the coming year and new Fellowship opportunities (and
maybe a bowl of maple candy ...). Also, if any of you would be willing to
help me by sitting at the VSC table for a half-hour or so at some point, so
I might be able to run and catch a panel or reading, that would be very
welcome.

Second, I have a new position at the Vermont Studio Center, that of
full-time Writing Program Director. After running the Development Office and
moonlighting as the WPD director for the past 12 years, the Studio Center
has recognized the need for a full-time, senior level Writing Program
manager; I am now in charge of both program development (raising Fellowship
money, visibility, reputation, etc.) as well as program management
(admissions, readings, administration, on-site hosting, etc.), a combination
that will not only keep me busy, but happy to be immersed full-time in the
writing side of the VSC program. The completion of the new studios, and my
new appointment, marks an auspicious start of the next 15 years of the VSC
Writing Program and I look forward to your being a part of it.

Again I hope to see you at AWP, or up here in Vermont, or if not then
elsewhere over the coming year. Keep in touch, I always love seeing and
hearing from people I've met at the Studio Center, especially in a place as
neutral and un-Vermont-like as New York!

Gary

Gary Clark

Writing Program Director

Vermont Studio Center

gclark at vermontstudiocenter.org

802-635-2727 (w)

802-635-2730 (f)

Image removed by sender. []

If
<http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/unsubscribe.php?cd=3080&md=82&ud=5
3fbfe0d0ce419b430305369eb568caa>  you no longer wish to receive these
emails, or you wish to update your profile, please click here.