[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Flyer

Amanda amandal at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 16 08:19:35 PST 2008

Hello,
I am a student and staff member for Matchbox Magazine at UC Santa Cruz. We are trying to do outreach to all of the UC campuses in order to get submissions for the magazine by the February 15th due date (a month from now).

A bit about the magazine...

Matchbox magazine is the first free, student-run, UC campus wide literary arts magazine. Through the publication of the literary and artistic talents demonstrated by UC students of each respective campus, we will develop a sense of community not yet offered by a student run print media organization. Matchbox aims to stimulate consciousness of and cooperation between the artistic and creative writing communities at participating UC campuses. This collection of art and writing will be implemented through collaboration with students from participating campuses. Matchbox strives to bring the UC campuses together in an innovative way. Forming a state-wide literary arts publication allows for students to give back to the community at large and gain recognition for the work that they are producing during their enrollment at the UC. This publication will not adhere to a system of exclusive selection criteria that either reflects the attitudes of a particular university or negates those of others. Selection of submissions will be based on the quality of work as well as the magazines mission to provide the UC system with creative diversity.
The first edition of Matchbox magazine will be printed and distributed in the spring of 2007.

As I am not a student at UCR and do not have the means of getting there at this time to promote the magazine and collect submissions, I am asking for your help. It would be greatly appreciated if you might be able to help us get the word out about the magazine any way you can; making announcements in classes, posting a flyer on your office door, perhaps having a blurb in literary publications, newspapers, etc.

I have attached a copy of the flyer for your convenience; once again the deadline for submissions is February 15th.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Best,
Christina Peterson