[Cwgrad-announcements] Fantastic News to Share

Neil Aitken neil.aitken at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:48:54 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the great news that my first book manuscript "The
Lost Country of Sight" was just selected as the winner of the Philip Levine
Prize in Poetry by CSU Fresno and Anhinga Press!  The book should be out
late this year or early next (perhaps as early as November based on the
publication of last year's book)

Good luck with your writing and submissions!

Neil Aitken
MFA 2006

On 1/7/08, Alexis Vergalla < averg001 at student.ucr.edu> wrote:

> News from our Palm Desert Campus:
>
> Jack Henrey has quite a list of recent publications! His poem "In the
> Alley Behind a Chinese Restaurant" was published in the December issue of
> Cause and Effect magazine, two poems "Faithless in the Faith" and "Wave Your
> Flag" are in the on-line rag CP Journal.  And finally, one (maybe two) poems
> accepted for Off Beat Press, Or a Tom Waits Love Song.
>
> Congrats!
>
> send notes to: jackhenry951 at hotmail.com
>

> You tell me it is called a mackerel sky. "Like fish scales," you say. "Rains the day after."  -j. l. conrad "My Grandfather in Winter"

Neil Aitken
www.neil-aitken.com
www.aitkenwebdesign.com