[Cwgrad-announcements] Congrats to...

Alexis Vergalla averg001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Jan 7 10:21:09 PST 2008

  Me!

  It seems silly to be sending this out myself, but
  anyhow, here it is:  My poem "The Way Things
  Disappear" will be appearing in the January issue of
  Damselfly Press and my poem "Rusalka" will be
  appearing sometime in the future in Tales of the
  Unanticipated.  It isn't up yet (and I already sent
  it out last quarter) but sometime soon my sequence
  The Translucent Nature of Irises will be in Diode
  Poetry.

  Let me know what journals etc you've heard back
  from, or what other wonderful news you have to
  share, and I'll send it around with many accolades!

  Alexis

You tell me it is called
a mackerel sky. "Like fish scales,"
you say. "Rains the day after."

-j. l. conrad "My Grandfather in Winter"