[Cwgrad-announcements] Anne Carson Reading @ Geffen

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:34:39 PST 2008

FYI, for Anne Carson fans.

I'm planning on going so let me know if you need/desire a ride (from
Riverside) or want to carpool.

xoxo,

Ching-In

 *Poets Move Language*

Monday, February 25, 2008
7:30 PM

 *Anne Carson* was twice a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle
Award; was honored with the 1996 Lannan Award and the 1997 Pushcart Prize,
both for poetry; and was named a MacArthur Fellow in 2000. In 2001 she
received the T. S. Eliot Prize for Poetry–the first woman to do so; the
Griffin Poetry Prize; and the *Los Angeles Times* Book Prize. She currently
teaches at the University of Michigan

 *Peggy Shumaker's* latest book of poems is *Blaze*, a collaboration of
sensual Alaskan paintings and poems with the painter Kesler Woodward. Her
memoir, *Just Breathe Normally*, was called "An entrancing meditation on
absolution and memory" by *Kirkus Reviews*. Professor Emerita from
University of Alaska Fairbanks, she teaches in the Rainier Writing Workshop.

With moderator: *Elena Karina Byrne*

Consultant for the *LA Times* Festival of Books, is also the Literary
Program Director for the Ruskin Art Club. Her book *The Flammable Bird* is
available from Zoo Press. She's working with Red Car Studios on the Poetry
Clip/Motion Picture: *Face Value*.

*Where*
Geffen Playhouse
Audrey Skirball Kenis Theater