[Cwgrad-announcements] ENGLISH DEPARTMENT SEMINAR OFFERINGS FOR SPRING 2008

Andrew Winer andrew.winer at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 1 14:59:36 PST 2008

Dear Currently-Enrolled MFAs,

See below for next quarter's English seminar offerings, and procedures for trying to enroll.

Best,
Andrew

  UCR Graduate Students:

  If you are interested in taking one or two seminars, please respond directly from this email -- so all inquiries have the same subject -- by emailing tina.feldmann at ucr.edu no later than  Tuesday, February 5 (note there are two n's on the end of Feldmann).   Provide the following:

  your name and your UCR email address (not your personal address)
  your department and year in your program
  your areas of specialization
  the course(s) you would like to take and
  the reason you would like to take the course(s)

  NOTE:   Send your email to me, NOT to the director of graduate studies.   While Professor Childers will have the final decision as to whether a graduate student will be given permission to enroll or not, I will be compiling this information for him, so we're asking all grads to send the information just to me.   (Professor Childers will receive a copy of all students' emails.)

  If you are given permission to take a seminar and you drop it later and do not notify us, you will lose your opportunity to take a seminar in the next quarter.   We RESERVE these spots for students, many times turning students away, so we want to be sure that the spot that is reserved for you is taken and that you will enroll in course and attend the seminar meetings.

  There will be no changes after pre-registration begins on February 11th, so make your selection(s) carefully.

  Priority is, of course, given to English department graduate students.

  Thank you.

Tina Feldmann
Graduate Student Advisor
Department of English