[Cwgrad-announcements] 'Nuther screenwriting competition

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 30 10:00:18 PDT 2008

Dear Professors:

Below is information regarding the 2008 Creative World Awards (CWA) screenwriting competition. As the semester heads to a close, we would like to personally invite you to pass along this info to your students. We have partnered with many top level companies and executives to make this a particularly rewarding experience for our 2008 CWA entrants (see Moviebytes interview below). In the coming weeks, we will also be adding informative video interviews from several Hollywood executives & filmmakers along with interactive features each participant can take part in.  Entries are now open, and will run through July 17th. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Heather Waters

Special issue released April 27, 2008: MovieBytes Interview:
An interview with Heather Waters Co-founder of Creative World Awards regarding the CWA screenwriting competition. www.creativeworldawards.com

Entries now open to the 2008 Creative World Awards (CWA)
The 2008 CWA winning screenplays will not only receive cash prizes and be sent to top agencies, major studios, managers, producers, and international financers, but this competition its first year out has secured serious commitments from major block buster hit companies to take first looks at our top three finalists (Icon, Voltage, GreeneStreet, Crystal Sky, Odd Lot, and more).

Q: Who sponsors this contest, and what is their background in the industry? When was the contest founded?