[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Kaos Films Newsletter

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:47:16 PDT 2007

British Short Screenplay Competition

in association with

The National Film and Television School

www.kaosfilms.co.uk

In this Newsletter

1.	Round Two Qualifiers Announced
2.	More Accolades for The Handyman

  _____

British Short Screenplay Competition is sponsored by:
Kodak, Lee Lighting, Panavision, Pinewood-Shepperton Studios, Write
Brothers, Inc. and Working Title Films

For details on how to unsubscribe from this newsletter please go to the end
of this document.

Round Two Qualifiers Announced

Second round qualifiers of the BSSC 2007 are now on the Kaos Films website.
Many congratulations to all who made it to round two and commiserations to
those who didn't but well done for trying and better luck next time.

We would like to once again thank everyone for entering the 2007 competition
and making it the biggest screenwriting competition in the world.

Some of you have been questioning the time it is taking to announce each
round. We apologise for the delay and fully understand the pressure you are
feeling. As an explanation we would like say that the BSSC is now the
biggest competition in the world receiving over two and half thousand
entries and we don't want to just put our hand in the bag and pull out the
winners and runners up. Each round is read and re-read. The finalists
screenplays will then be sent to the judges who are extremely busy
professionals. And we have to wait for them to find time in their tight
schedules to read the entries and let us have the results. All of which
means time.

So please bear with us we are trying to do a thorough job for your sake!
Thank you for your understanding.

More Accolades for The Handyman

We are delighted and proud to announce that THE HANDYMAN written by Tom
Beach, winner of the BSSC, produced by Kaos Films and directed by Simon
Rumley was picked as the Best Short Film at The San Francisco Festival of
Fantastic Film.

As most of you already know THE HANDYMAN won the best of the festival at
Rhode Island International Film Festival and Best Short Film at the 50th
Sitges International Film Festival. It has also been screened around the
world in many many festivals in competition.

 <http://www.kaosfilms.co.uk> Visit the website by clicking here

  _____

British Short Screenplay Competition is sponsored by:
Kodak, Lee Lighting, Panavision, Pinewood-Shepperton Studios, Write
Brothers, Inc. and Working Title Films

You have been sent this email in accordance with UK data protection laws as
this address is subscribed to the Kaos Films mailing list. If you no longer
wish to receive updates from Kaos Films please
<http://www.squarebracket.net/kaosmail/un_remote.asp?r=6017934899&email=aman
da.labagnara at ucr.edu> click here