[Cwgrad-announcements] CRATE FUNDRAISER!! Please read!

mgros002 at student.ucr.edu mgros002 at student.ucr.edu
Fri Oct 26 10:49:59 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone!

All MFA students and faculty are invited to participate in…

CRATE’S 1st Annual Publishing Fundraiser:
"A Night of All Genres"
(in conjunction with Golden Mean Players)
Thursday, December 6th
8:00-10:00pm
HUMN 411
(There will be an $8 suggested donation)

WHY:
This is a MONUMENTAL evening that not only celebrates the arts, but celebrates the diversity of writing in our MFA program. It’s a great way to showcase your work, practice reading for an audience, and achieve our main goal: raise money to publish CRATE this year!!!

WHO/WHAT:
ALL students and faculty are invited to read/perform any 5-10 minute piece of your choosing from any genre: Poetry, Fiction, Nonfiction, Plays, Novel or Screenplay excerpts. For Brenda and Jackie or anyone else who might like to incorporate music in their reading/performance, that’s great too! If anyone wants to perform something else, let me know.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Please reply to this email with:
1)Your full name, as you would want it read in a program
2)The title of the piece you would like to read/perform
3)The length of your piece (time)
4)Name of anyone who will help you (actors for plays, etc.)
5) PLEASE Respond by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5

I will contact you if I need additional information when it gets closer to the event. We will have one short “dress rehearsal” on December 5th, so this will be a 2-night commitment.

Thank you! :)
Please email me with any questions.
Molly Gross
CRATE Managing Director