[Cwgrad-announcements] Need some MFA feedback, please--

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue May 29 14:28:33 PDT 2007

Hey everyone--

As we plan for next year, I want a sense from you as to what works
best with the colloquium. I had been thinking we'd have colloquium
every term next year, each week as we've been doing. But Andrew Winer
suggested to me that some of you have expressed a bit of burn-out,
and that colloquium might work better if it was every other week,
four or five times per term, rather than every week. We might
schedule it then for two or three full hours rather than the hour and
half we've been doing.  He also thought maybe having it just in fall
and spring was enough, and that winter term should be left free for
you to work and be able to focus on Writers Week.

This makes some sense to me. But it is after all your reading series.
So could you all let me know your thoughts?

Thanks!

Robin

Robin Russin
Assistant Professor