[Cwgrad-announcements] (no subject)

rhornby68 at aol.com rhornby68 at aol.com
Thu May 10 12:42:59 PDT 2007

I often hear our MFA students complain about the English Department
seminars, but what amazes me is that ALL of our students are also required to  take
THREE seminars NOT in English but in Theatre and/or Creative Writing.   I have
offered six of these over the past four years, and never enrolled more  than
two students.  This quarter no one took the seminar I was  offering.

This fact has not stopped students who have never had a course from me
asking to do independent study projects with me or, wonder of wonders, to get
letters of recommendation!

Richard Hornby
Professor
Theatre Dept.