[Cwgrad-announcements] The Loudest Voice Reading #3--The Mountain Bar

Gabriela Jauregui gabrielajauregui at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:27:15 PDT 2007

Dear all,
Here's another venue worth checking out, not just for the fiction and
poetry but also to hopefully read there ourselves... Let's some of us
show up and query the people if we like it...AND it sounds like lots
and lots of fun.
gaby

Please join us on Thursday, March 22 at 7 PM for the third installment
of The Loudest Voice, a series that pairs established LA authors with
emerging poetry and fiction writers.

This reading will feature poet Rick Lupert, an active member of the LA
poetry scene, host of the long running Cobalt Café  reading series in
Canoga Park, and author of nine books, including Paris: It's The
Cheese, I Am My Own Orange County,  I'm a Jew. Are You?, Brendan
Constantine is My Kind of Town (Inevitable Press), and Up Liberty's
Skirt (Cassowary Press). Rick is also the founder of the Poetry
Superhighway, a major internet resource for poets (
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/).

Opening for Rick will be poet Siel Ju and fiction writer Stephan Clark
from the USC PhD in Literature and Creative Writing Program. They are
both highly accomplished writers, whose work has appeared in such
journals as The 2River View, Ladyfest Anthology, MARY, The Cincinnati
Review, The Portland Review, and Swink.

And, like Rick, they both have a wicked sense of humor.

Jazz music will be provided by One Man Band, and additional
entertainment by your emcee Bryan Hurt, who will be hosting a raffle
of work by local artists and crafters. Bring a dollar and please
spread the word!
You will be able to view photos of the raffle items on our blog,
http://theloudestblog.blogspot.com/ starting Sunday, March 18th.

Hope to see you there,
Amaranth Borsuk and Bryan Hurt

Thursday, March 22, 7 PM
The Mountain Bar
473 Gin Ling Way (Between Broadway and Hill Street)
No cover, 21+, street parking, close to the Gold Line
Poetry, fiction, jazz, drinks, and a raffle! What more could you need?