[Cwgrad-announcements] MFA's in Santa Monica

Jessi Sundell jsund001 at student.ucr.edu
Thu Mar 15 11:27:24 PDT 2007

Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know that three people from our
program, Professor Robin Russin and MFAs Kevin Cramer and myself will
be writing for the Cafe Plays at the Ruskin Group Theatre this Sunday
in Santa Monica.  The Cafe Plays are unique in the LA theatre scene,
once a month a group of five writers write ten minute plays in the
morning, five directors and ten actors rehearse them in the
afternoon, and there are two performances in the the evening.  The
Cafe Plays where the inspiration for our own Golden Mean production
two weeks ago, 48, which was hugely successful.  It's an exciting
experience and a fun night of theatre.  If anyone has the inclination
to come watch the madness, the show is this Sunday at 7.30pm and 9pm
at the Ruskin Group Theatre in Santa Monica.  For directions to the
theatre, the website is
http://ruskingrouptheatre.com
Hope to see you there.

Jessi Sundell
MFA Playwriting/Screenwriting

All good things come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does
not come easy.  --Norman Maclean
Jessi Sundell
jessica.sundell at email.ucr.edu