[Cwgrad-announcements] Reading at Skylight Books

Carly Kimmel chirs001 at ucr.edu
Sat Mar 3 10:33:01 PST 2007

I just wanted to send a note out to let everyone know what a great
job Gaby Jauregui, Ky-Phong Tran, Joshua Hardina, and Kate Durbin did
at the UCR  MFA reading hosted by Skylight Books last night.  The
store was packed, the applause loud and continuous, and clearly
people were impressed with what they heard. Being there to witness
how well received these students were  in the "real world" made me
proud and excited to be a part of this program. The staff from
Skylight could not have been more supportive or complementary.

Hopefully we can take it upon ourselves to schedule regular readings
so that more of us have a chance to participate in this wonderful
experience. Obviously, it is really important that both faculty and
students find the time to support each other's writing by attending
readings and spreading the word about the work we are doing here.

Alex Espinoza will be reading from his newly released Still Water
Saints next Saturday the 10th at Skylight Books, and Chris Abani read
there as well this past Thursday to rave reviews from the staff.

Good work everyone!

-Carly Kimmel
1st Year Fiction