[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Kaos Films Newsletter

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Mon Jun 4 08:13:19 PDT 2007

British Short Screenplay Competition

in association with

The National Film and Television School

www.kaosfilms.co.uk

In this Newsletter

1.	Less Than 19 Days to the Final Deadline of 2007 Competition
2.	2005 Winner THE OTHER ME in Production
3.	What They're Saying

  _____

British Short Screenplay Competition is sponsored by:
Kodak, Lee Lighting, Panavision, Pinewood-Shepperton Studios, Write
Brothers, Inc. and Working Title Films

For details on how to unsubscribe from this newsletter please go to the end
of this document.

Less Than 19 Days to the Final Deadline of 2007 Competition

The final deadline of the 2007 competition is less than nineteen days away.
Don't miss this final opportunity of the year to enter the biggest
screenplay competition in the world.

No other competition in the world offers a bigger prize package and this
year we have multiplied that package by THREE.

Yes, THREE winning screenplays will go into production.

That's THREE dreams realised.

No other competition in the world offers such a grand and prestigious prize!

AND that's not all!

All the finalists will have their screenplay read by an unprecedented
line-up of judges which includes: Sir Alan Parker, Michael Grade, Nik Powell
and Stephen Woolley. When will you get another opportunity like this?!

PLUS - All the finalists are guaranteed an interview with the writing school
panel (by-passing preliminary rounds) for an MA in Screenwriting at UK's top
film school - the National Film and Television School. Anyone who has ever
applied to a film school knows the value of this prize!

AND 1st runner up will receive the complete suite of Movie Magic
screenwriting software worth nearly seven hundred Pounds Sterling.

PLUS nine further runners-up will receive Movie Magic screenwriting software
worth nearly 200 Pounds Sterling each.

So don't wait until the last minute get your submission into the post now.
The final POSTMARK dealine of the 2007 competition is Friday 22nd June. For
full details of rules and entry forms please go to the website by clicking
on the link at the top and bottom of this newsletter.

2005 Winner THE OTHER ME in Production

The winner of the 2005 competition THE OTHER ME by Mark Cowling will go into
production before the end of June with BAFTA nominated actor Mark Strong set
to play the lead. Nichola Mills will direct. The production is schedule to
begin shooting on 20th June 2007.

The film will be shot on location around London.

What They're Saying

A Few Kind Words From Richard Layton

Dear Sir or Madam,

I should like to enter a script for the 2007 British Short Screenplay
Competition and I enclose my completed script, entry and release forms and
administration fee.

Please can I take this opportunity to say that I was very encouraged by the
fact that my 2006 entry LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER, was a third round qualifier?
My thanks to the judges for not dismissing it out of hand. There seem to be
very few short film schemes aimed at writers in existence so I hope that
Kaos Films continues to prosper and please feel free to quote me on your
testimonials' page if you wish to do so.

Yours faithfully

Richard Layton

Thank you Richard.

For Rules and Entry forms please Visit the website by clicking here
<http://www.kaosfilms.co.uk>

  _____

British Short Screenplay Competition is sponsored by:
Kodak, Lee Lighting, Panavision, Pinewood-Shepperton Studios, Write
Brothers, Inc. and Working Title Films

You have been sent this email in accordance with UK data protection laws as
this address is subscribed to the Kaos Films mailing list. If you no longer
wish to receive updates from Kaos Films please
<http://www.squarebracket.net/kaosmail/un_remote.asp?r=6017934899&email=aman
da.labagnara at ucr.edu> click here