[Cwgrad-announcements] Broadland Cafe Poetry Series Launch Party!

kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Jul 30 19:06:22 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I hope all your summer vacation's are going well and that you are all finding
time to write voraciously!

If any of you are in the southern California area on August 5th, there is a
fabulous reading going on at the Broadland Cafe in Long Beach at 7pm. The
line-up is Chris Davidson (my former undergraduate poetry professor-fabulous
poet and human being), Aimee Bender (one of my personal heroes and a
fantastic short story writer), Derrick Brown (incredible performance artist who
every woman and gay man falls in love with), and me (I'm the "Special Guest"
listed on the flyer...kind of funny).

There are also going to be some cool clothing designers offering trunk sales.
And if you come, I'll introduce you to Dave Price, who runs the series. He's an
old friend of mine and is looking for new talent to add to the cafe's future line-
up!

Let me know if you have any questions. The show may sell out (it's $5 and you
get a free drink), so if you want to RSVP through me you can.

Best wishes,
Kate

P.S. See attached flyer!