[Cwgrad-announcements] Re: Writer's Week Kick Off Tomorrow

Charles Whitney chuck.whitney at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 31 14:11:48 PST 2007

Please DO pass the word along that Jonathan
Lawton's 6:30 pm Friday (Feb. 2) appearance has
been CANCELED; he will be unable to appear.

cw

At 12:41 PM 1/31/2007, aalva016 at student.ucr.edu wrote:
>Greetings! This Is Your Friendly Writer's Week Reminder...
>
>Please come one, come all...to as many Writer's
>Week events as you can. Spread the WORD. As you
>can see with the attached schedule, it's gonna
>be dope!  The opening reception is tomorrow:
>
>Thursday, 2/1 from 2-5pm at The Chancellor's
>Conference Room, room 207 (upstairs)
>
>Located above Rubios Tacos at the University Villiage Shopping Center,
>
>1201 University Av
>
>Thanks! Also definitely check out the Writer's
>Week Website for all the colorful nitty gritty:
>
>http://www.creativewriting.ucr.edu/writersweek/
>
>Amalia Alvarez, MFA Poetry Student

>Welcome
>Schedule of Events
>Keynote Lecture
>Chancellor's Distinguished Lecture
>Writers Week Spotlights
>UCR Creative Writing
>Writers Week Circa, 1983 — a Mini-Memoir
>Verbal Colisseum II
>Upcoming Events
>Sponsors & Acknowledgements
>Contacts
>

>Schedule of Events
>
>All Writers Week events are free and open to the public
>

>         Jim Quay
>
>         Al Young
>
>         Stephanie Griest
>
>         Jonathan Ritter
>
>         Antonio Sacre
>
>         Allison Hedge-Coke
>
>         Daniel Alarcón
>
>         Tom Lutz
>
>         Francis Wong
>
>         Ginny Lim
>
>         Arlene Biala
>
>         Maurya Simon
>
>         Tim Miller
>
>         Deb Bogen
>
>         Cheryl Klein
>
>         lê thi diem thúy
>

>THURSDAY, February 1, 2007
>
>2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
>Welcome and Opening Reception
>
>Chancellor's Conference Room
>1201 University Ave. Room 207 (upstairs)
>University Village  shopping center
>
>Jim Quay — California Council of  the Humanities, Executive Director
>
>Stephen Minot — Professor Emeritus of UCR Department of Creative  Writing
>
>Readings by Al Young (California's Poet
>Laureate) and Stephanie Elizondo-Griest.
>
>The UCR Andean Music Ensemble, Mayupatapi, led by UCR's Jonathan Ritter.
>

>6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
>Evening Program
>
>Bourns Hall, Room B118 (ROOM CHANGE)
>
>Ken Goddard, author of Balefire, the Alchemist,
>Double Blind, and First Evidence
>

>FRIDAY, February 2, 2007
>
>Gathering Stories & Telling Stories
>1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
>
>Riverside Art Museum,
>3425 Mission Inn Ave., Riverside, CA
>
>Antonio Sacre, Los Angeles storyteller.
>
>Gary Gach, Korean poetry in translation, author
>of the anthology What Book!? ~ Buddha Poems from Beat to Hip.
>

>6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
>University Lecture Hall
>
>Jonathan Lawton - Screenwriter of “Pretty Woman” and many other films.
>

>SATURDAY, February 3, 2007
> [...]

D. Charles Whitney, Professor and Chair, Creative
Writing; Professor of Sociology
Department of Creative Writing, 1607 HMNSS,
University of California , 900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA  92521-0118 951.827.6076 / Fax 951.827.3619