[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Grad Student TA Opportunity for WMST 1, spring 2007--from piya chatterjee

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 24 08:20:22 PST 2007

Dear Colleagues: Please do pass the word about this TA
opportunity for a course I am teaching in Spring 2007,
WMST 1: Gender and Sexuality.

While it has a social science requirement, I will be
teaching it in a highly interdisciplinary way--and it
is "humanistically" oriented. If you can pass the word
to mentees and graduates students whose work
intersects with Gender and Sexuality issues, I would
be delighted.

IN ADDITION, If graduate students are interested in,
and open to, intersectionalist, womanist/feminist,
women of color, anti-racist and trans/internationalist
perspectives, this course will be a perfect fit for
them.

Please ask interested students to contact me directly
at piyachatterjee at yahoo.com if they want further
information. Requirements/deadlines etc are noted
below and that information should be sent directly to
Kris King.

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Piya

Employment Opportunities

Department of Women's Studies.  50% Teaching Assistant
position in WMST 001, Gender and Sexuality, Spring
Quarter 2007 (March 28 through June 15, 2007).
Responsible for 3 discussion sections, grading of all
assignments for 75 students, and regular attendance of
class lectures.  Applicants must be enrolled as
full-time UC graduate student, and eligible for
employment.  Background in Women's Studies preferred.
Appointment includes a salary of approximately $5203
per quarter, Graduate Student Health Insurance
Premium, Registration Fees, and Educational Fees.
Submit a CV with reference phone numbers included, and
letter of interest to: Kris King, Department of
Women's Studies, 1141 Watkins Hall, Riverside, CA
92521.  Applications due by February 1, 2007.

________
http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail