[Cwgrad-announcements] Good news

Gabriela Jauregui gabrielajauregui at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 13:32:03 PST 2007

Dear friends and colleagues,
I am writing because I would like to share some good news with you and
thank you for your help and feedback and letters of recommendation and
advice throughout my time here (without which this wouldn't be
happening!):
two poems of mine, "Montañas entre Comillas" and "Un Hoyo", were
published in issue #28 of MOHO magazine in Mexico City: www.moho.ws
(look under REVISTA)...
and my translations of Tom Raworth's poetry are forthcoming in Líneas
de Fuga #19 (also from Mexico City)
http://www.casarefugio.com/publicaciones.php
Also coming out soon is a brief essay on modernism and failure and
interviews I did with artists (William Pope L. and Sam Durant amongst
others) forthcoming in "FAILURE! Experiments in Aesthetic and Social
Practices", (it's the first book to be published by the wonderful
Journal of Aesthetics and Protest).
Also forthcoming will be my essay on the Aesthetics of Risk published
by the SOCCAS (Southern Cailfornia Consortium of Art Schools)
http://www.soccas.org/
Finally, I am very, very excited because I have been chosen as a
finalist for the Soros Fellowship and will be interviewed next week so
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I hope you're also having a wonderful beginning of the year and please
feel free to share your achievements, publications and exciting news
(send it to me and I'll post it to the listserv if you like)!
all the best for 2007,
Gabriela