[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: So to Speak Fiction Contest--accepting submissions at AWP at our Bookfair table

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:46:53 PST 2007

Save yourself some postage and bring your Fiction contest submission to the
So to Speak table at the AWP Bookfair!  We are located at table 254.

So to Speak: a feminist journal of language and art
Announces our Annual Fiction Contest

Judge: Lucy Corin, author of Everyday Psycho Killers: A History for
Girls and Professor of English of the University of California at
Davis

$500 and publication to the First Place Winner and publication for
two runners up.

Send a short story (under 5,000 words), SASE & $15 entry fee to:

So to Speak
George Mason University, MSN 2D6
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030

Deadline: March 15, 2007

***Please note: if sending more than one essay or story an
additional $15 fee applies for each***

To be considered for our annual contests, entrants should send
their manuscript along with a fifteen dollar entry fee via check or
money order made out to George Mason University. PLEASE DO
NOT SEND CASH. The entry fees are what make this contest
possible. Entrants should send duplicates of their work, one with
entrant name and contact information and one without, as the
selection process is conducted through blind judging. Please send
a cover letter stating that your work is a contest entry, a brief bio,
and a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope).

Founded in 1993 by an editorial collective of women MFA
candidates at George Mason University, So to Speak has served as a
space for feminist writing and art for thirteen years.  So to Speak
publishes poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and visual art that lives up to
a high standard of language, form, and meaning. We look for work
that addresses issues of significance to women's lives and
movements for women's equality and are especially interested in
pieces that explore issues of race, class, and sexuality in relation to
gender.

For more information go to:  www.gmu.edu/org/sts