[Cwgrad-announcements] Looking for poems

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 12 10:30:04 PST 2007

skip <>  to main | skip to sidebar <>

Luna

 0 <http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/7934/3986/320/199833/logo_wtext2.jpg>

Monday, February 12, 2007

Welcome <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2007/02/welcome-from-editor.html>  from the Editor

Thank you for visiting the Luna blog. I want to thank Nate Slawson and Alex Lemon for their hard work in relaunching the magazine and creating this wonderful and important site. I founded Luna ten years ago at the University of Illinois in Chicago. The firs issue came back from the printers as I was moving to Minneapolis to teach in the MFA Creative Writing Program at the University of Minnesota. As I read the first issue and found myself in a new location, I knew my committment to publishing poetry from all over the U.S., along with translations from all over the world, was about to be strengthened. Over the last nine years of being in Minnesota, I have been fortunate to receive excellent poems and translations, along with major support from the University of Minnestoa. I thank them for office space and staff assistance, though the brief intermission between issues six and seven pointed to a temporary lack of funds for printing. On the tenth anniverary of the magazine, I am proud and pleased to say that Luna is back in business and will continue to publish in a smaller format. Our committment to fine poetry and translations is stronger than ever because, in these times of political darkness and a literary atmosphere where too many poets are constantly jockeying for position, it is good to find honest people who are committed to working on a fine publication. It comes down to being professional editors, to loving poetry, and for making the efforts to find the best possible work out there. This means not fitting into any one "school of poetry" or promoting one group over another. I look forward to the further development of this site and to future issues of Luna that will truly represent our efforts to bring you a wide panorama of fine poets, young and old and poems that transcend boundaries to allow the language to speak for itself.

Ray Gonzalez
Editor
Luna

Posted by Ray Gonzalez at  <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2007/02/welcome-from-editor.html> 10:07 AM  <http://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=38152738&postID=2819312219952073913&isPopup=true>

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Issue <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2006/12/issue-number-seven.html>  Number Seven

 <http://bp1.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RaKjgoxDQgI/AAAAAAAAACU/07t2jQbSU1U/s1600-h/Luna_cover_new.jpg> A new issue of Luna will be on its way in Spring 2007. Contributing poets include Michael Burkard, Adam Clay, Dobby Gibson, Rigoberto González, Shara McCallum, Paul Otremba, and a handful of others.

Individual issues are $10 and can be purchased from Small Press Distribution <http://www.spdbooks.org/>  or by calling 1-800-869-7553.

Subscriptions are $18 per year for two issues.

Previous issues of Luna are also available from SPD, including:

 <http://bp0.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RYi8RGT2RNI/AAAAAAAAABE/HemoXxydECI/s1600-h/Luna_cover6.jpg> Issue Number Six

featuring poems or translations by Guillaume Apollinaire, Willis Barnstone, Christopher Buckley, Sergey Gandlevsky, Elton Glaser, Eugene Gloria, Rigoberto González, Rachel Hadas, Terrance Hayes, Brian Henry, Juan Ramón Jiménez, Patricia Kirkpatrick, Jeffrey Levine, Dulce Maria Loynaz, José Jiménez Lozano, Anne Marie Macari, Jim Moore, Andrew Schelling, Andrea Selch, Dezsö Tandori, Sophia Tekmitchov, Liz Waldner, Valerie Wohlfield, John Yau, José María Zonta, and more

 <http://bp0.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RYi-zGT2ROI/AAAAAAAAABM/BIbCTapE8vQ/s1600-h/Luna_cover5.jpg> Issue Number Five

featuring poems or translations by Joanna Anos, David Axelrod, Aliki Barnstone, Mario Benedetti, Albino Carrillo, Kent Dixon, Marilyn Hacker, Paul Hoover, John Hoppenthaler, Martha Kinney, Vénus Khoury-Ghata, Martin Lammon, Mông-Lan, Dana Levin, Alexis Levitin, Kathleen McGookey, Nathaniel Mackey, Harry Morales, Joan Murray, Carlos de Oliveira, Gregory Orr, Lucien Stryk, Larissa Szporluk, César Vallejo, Sandra Yannone, and more

 <http://bp2.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RYjAumT2RPI/AAAAAAAAABU/3j71uq7K-9M/s1600-h/Luna_cover4.jpg> Issue Number Four

featuring poems or translations by Delmira Agustini, Francisco Aragon, Jim Barnes, Robin Behn, Robert Bly, Kurt Brown, Luis Cernuda, Marilyn Chin, Nicole Cooley, Debra Kang Dean, Denise Duhamel, Paul Eluard, Reginald Gibbons, Jorge Guillén, Michael Harper, Robert Hedin, Juan Felipe Herrera, Roberta Hill, Holly Iglesias, Ted Kooser, John Latta, Dagmar Nick, Naomi Shihab Nye, Greg Pape, Wang Ping, Don Schofield, Joyce Sutphen, Eleanor Wilner, and more

 <http://bp1.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RYjCZWT2RQI/AAAAAAAAABc/qtYrp-uGgjU/s1600-h/Luna_cover3.jpg> Issue Number Three

featuring poems or translations by Rafael Alberti, John Balaban, Charles Baudelaire, Rene Char, Jan Clausen, Martha Collins, Léon Felipe, Greg Glazner, Chris Glomski, Ray Gonzalez, Anne Hérbert, Herman Hesse Richard Jones, Roberto Juarroz, George Kalamaras, Ted Lardner, Linda McCarriston, Sarat Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Jan Richman, Paul Roth, Bruce Smith, Judith Taylor, Nguyen Quang Thieu, Cesar Vallejo, Ann Waldeman, Oksana Zabuzhko, and more

 <http://bp1.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RYjExWT2RRI/AAAAAAAAABk/_8kg4CLdCCE/s1600-h/Luna_cover2.jpg> Issue Number Two

featuring poems or translations by Diane Averill, Richard Blanco, Ahimsa Timoteo Bodhran, Laure-Anne Bosselaar, Karen Brennan, Rolf Dieter Brinkmann, Michael Burkard, Sandor Csoori, Sean Thomas Dougherty, Liz Gonzalez, Marilyn Hacker, Juan Felipe Herrera, Joseph Hutchinson, Chris Kennedy, Federico Garcia Lorca, Claire Malroux, Dionisio D. Martinez, Alda Merini, Gabriel Mistral, Adrienne Rich, Yannos Ritsos, Francisco Morales Santos, Marin Sorescu, Virgil Suarez, Lee Upton, Jean Valentine, Ko Wan, and more

 <http://bp2.blogger.com/_NPHcuK55BU4/RYjGomT2RSI/AAAAAAAAABs/MDfXOMiFaro/s1600-h/Luna_cover1.jpg> Issue Number One

featuring poems or translations by Humberto Akabal, Sherman Alexie, Juan Luis Borges, Lorna Dee Cervantes, Jim Daniels, Martín Espada, Jay Griswold, Mark Irwin, Marilyn Krysl, Timothy Liu, Gian Lombardo, Campbell McGrath, Jane Mead, Judith Minty, Simone Muench, Alicia Ostriker, Sheryl St. Germain, Natasha Saje, Luis Omar Salinas, Reginald Shepherd, Mark Turcotte, Jennifer E. Whitten, and more

Posted by Nate at  <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2006/12/issue-number-seven.html> 9:08 PM  <http://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=38152738&postID=1726580066441192300&isPopup=true>

Monday, December 18, 2006

Luna: <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2006/12/luna-journal-of-poetry-and-translation.html>  a journal of poetry and translation

Luna is a bi-annual journal of poetry and poetry translations Co-edited by Ray Gonzalez and Alex Lemon and published by Mesilla Press. The first issue appeared in 1998, and a new issue is forthcoming in Spring 2007.

Posted by Nate at  <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2006/12/luna-journal-of-poetry-and-translation.html> 11:01 PM  <http://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=38152738&postID=4583602393155633866&isPopup=true>

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default>

Contact

*	Ray Gonzalez, Editor
*	Alex Lemon, Assisstant Editor
*	Nate Slawson, Assistant Editor
*	* * * * * * *
*	Luna
*	English Department
*	207 Lind Hall
*	207 Church Street SE
*	University of Minnesota
*	Minneapolis, MN 55455
*	* * * * * * *
*	lunapoetry at gmail.com

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=TextList&widgetId=TextList1&action=editWidget>

Ordering

Individual copies of Luna can be purchased by mailing a check for $10 per issue, made out to Luna, to the address listed above. Please include a note stating which issue(s) you would like to receive. Subscriptions to Luna are available for $18 per year.

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=Text&widgetId=Text4&action=editWidget>

Submissions

Luna is not currently seeking submissions. Check back in the future for more information.

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=Text&widgetId=Text3&action=editWidget>

Poems

from the archives of  <http://lunapoetryarchives.blogspot.com> Luna

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=Text&widgetId=Text2&action=editWidget>

Journals

*	42opus <http://www.42opus.com/>
*	AGNI <http://www.bu.edu/agni/>
*	American Letters  <http://www.amletters.org/> & Commentary
*	American Poetry Review <http://www.aprweb.org/>
*	Beloit Poetry Journal <http://www.bpj.org/>
*	Black Warrior Review <http://webdelsol.com/bwr/>
*	Blackbird <http://www.blackbird.vcu.edu/>
*	Bloomsbury Review <http://www.bloomsburyreview.com/>
*	BOMB Magazine <http://www.bombsite.com/>
*	Carolina Quarterly <http://www.unc.edu/depts/cqonline/>
*	Chicago Review <http://humanities.uchicago.edu/orgs/review/>
*	Circumference <http://www.circumferencemag.com/>
*	Coconut <http://www.coconutpoetry.com/>
*	Copper Nickel <http://www.copper-nickel.org/>
*	Crab Orchard Review <http://www.siu.edu/~crborchd/>
*	CutBank <http://cutbankpoetry.blogspot.com/>
*	Denver Quarterly <http://www.denverquarterly.com/>
*	DIAGRAM <http://webdelsol.com/DIAGRAM/>
*	Dislocate <http://dislocatemagazine.blogspot.com/>
*	Double Room <http://www.webdelsol.com/Double_Room/>
*	Fence <http://www.fencemag.com/>
*	Field <http://www.oberlin.edu/ocpress/field.html>
*	H_NGM_N <http://www.h-ngm-n.com/>
*	Hayden's <http://www.asu.edu/clas/pipercwcenter/publications/haydensferryreview/>  Ferry Review
*	horse less <http://www.horselesspress.com/horselessreview.html>  review
*	Indiana Review <http://www.indiana.edu/~inreview/>
*	Iowa <http://www.uiowa.edu/~iareview/mainpages/current_issue.html>  Review
*	jubilat <http://www.jubilat.org/>
*	LIT <http://lit-magazine.blogspot.com/>
*	Meridian <http://www.engl.virginia.edu/meridian/>
*	Mid-American <http://www.bgsu.edu/studentlife/organizations/midamericanreview/index2.html>  Review
*	New American Writing <http://www.newamericanwriting.com/>
*	Ninth Letter <http://www.ninthletter.com/>
*	Octopus <http://www.octopusmagazine.com/>
*	Pleiades <http://www.cmsu.edu/englphil/pleiades/>
*	Poetry Daily <http://www.poems.com/>
*	Quarterly West <http://www.webdelsol.com/Quarterly_West/>
*	Sharkforum <http://www.sharkforum.org/>
*	Sleeping Fish <http://www.sleepingfish.net/>
*	Slope <http://www.slope.org/>
*	Sonora Review <http://www.coh.arizona.edu/Sonora/>
*	Tarpaulin Sky <http://www.tarpaulinsky.com/>
*	third coast <http://www.wmich.edu/~thirdcst/index.html>
*	three candles <http://www.threecandles.org/>
*	Tin House <http://www.tinhouse.com/mag_current_home.htm>
*	TriQuarterly <http://www.triquarterly.org/>
*	TYPO <http://www.typomag.com/issue08/index.html>
*	Verse <http://versemag.blogspot.com/>
*	Virginia Quarterly Review <http://www.vqronline.org/>

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=LinkList&widgetId=LinkList3&action=editWidget>

Presses

*	Ahsahta Press <http://ahsahtapress.boisestate.edu/>
*	Apogee Press <http://www.apogeepress.com/>
*	APOSTROPHE Books <http://apostrophebooks.org/>
*	BOA Editions <http://www.boaeditions.org/resources/links.html>
*	Calamari Press <http://www.calamaripress.com/>
*	Coffee House Press <http://coffeehousepress.org/>
*	Continuum <http://www.continuumbooks.com/Series/default.aspx?SeriesID=2101&ImprintID=&CountryID=2>  (33 1/3 series)
*	Copper Canyon Press <http://www.coppercanyonpress.org/>
*	Granary Books <http://www.granarybooks.com/>
*	Graywolf Press <http://www.graywolfpress.org/>
*	Host Publications <http://www.hostpublications.com/>
*	New Directions <http://www.ndpublishing.com/home.html>
*	New Michigan Press <http://www.thediagram.com/nmp/>
*	Noemi Press <http://www.noemipress.org/>
*	Sarabande Books <http://www.sarabandebooks.org/>
*	Southern <http://www.siu.edu/~siupress/titles/s01_titles/poetry.htm>  Illinois University Press
*	Tin House <http://www.tinhouse.com/books/books_frm_catalog.htm>
*	University of Arizona Press <http://www.uapress.arizona.edu/>
*	University of California Press <http://www.ucpress.edu/>
*	University of Minnesota Press <http://www.upress.umn.edu/>
*	University of <http://www.upress.pitt.edu/upressIndex.aspx>  Pittsburgh Press
*	Wave Books <http://www.wavepoetry.com/>
*	White Pine Press <http://www.whitepine.org/>

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=LinkList&widgetId=LinkList2&action=editWidget>

University of Minnesota

*	Dislocate <http://www.dislocate.org/>
*	University <http://english.cla.umn.edu/creativewriting/programinfo/programinfo.html>  of Minnesota Creative Writing Program

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=LinkList&widgetId=LinkList1&action=editWidget>

Blog Archive

*	 <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/index.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=close&toggle=YEARLY-1167631200000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1170309600000> ▼ 2007 <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=1>  (1)

*	 <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/index.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=close&toggle=MONTHLY-1170309600000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1170309600000> ▼ February <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html>  (1)

*	Welcome <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2007/02/welcome-from-editor.html>  from the Editor

*	 <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/index.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=YEARLY-1136095200000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1170309600000> ► 2006 <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=2>  (2)

*	 <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/index.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=MONTHLY-1164952800000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1170309600000> ► December <http://lunapoetry.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html>  (2)

 <http://www2.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=38152738&widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=editWidget>