[Cwgrad-announcements] "The Rise and Fall..." documentary tomorrow in Downtown LA

cuca esteves estevesqk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 16:14:29 PDT 2007

Hi everyone!

"The Rise and Fall of Irvine Meadows West," a documentary I made a year or so ago with Robert and James McLendon, aka, Bapudi, will be projected tomorrow Saturday August 25 at 1:45pm in downtown Los Angeles as part of the Downtown and Indie fest. The film before it, at 1:30pm, "On Memory II: I Love You" was made by the experimental branch of Bapudi, or, The Bapudi Collective, in this case, just me and James, based on one of my texts.

Here is the address and the schedule. The tickets for the whole day are $5.

Enjoy!

cuca
estevesqk at yahoo.com

Address:
The Festival is on 5th Street in Downtown L.A., between Los Angeles and Maple St. The block will be blocked off, there will be a huge stage, you'll notice everything right away. The exact address for the Firehouse if you want to mapquest it is:

225 E. 5th Street, Los Angeles.

Festival Stage/DOWNTOWN Film & Video INDIE FEST Schedule
Festival Tickets good for everything at the Festival. Good For the Community

DOWNTOWN Film & Video INDIE FEST
Starts at 12pm
Watch Movies All Day for $5
Have fun and help to raise funds for Street Alternatives for Our Back Street Kids

DOWNTOWN Film & Video INDIE FEST

The Real Deal                                                             12:00

Dir. Los Angeles Poverty Department

78 min
On Memory II                                                              1:30

Dir. The Bapudi Collective

6 min
The Rise and Fall of Irvine Meadows West          1:45

Dir. Robert McLendon

40 min
Classroom                                                                  2:30

Dir. Tyler Spiers

47 min
Revelation in III Acts                                                 3:30

Dir. Blake Young

3 min
Yacht Rock                                                                 3:45

Dir. JD Ryznar and Hunter Stair

50 min
Sleepwalking in VGA                                                4:45

Dir. Benjamin Pezzillo

4 min

Feeding                                                                        5:00

Dir. Fridgeir Helgason

6 min
This is Open Mic                                                       5:15

Dir. Lonnie Goodwin

30 min
Half Way Back                                                                           6:00

Dir. Kevin Johnson

45 min
“The Eternal Rookie”
& Dwight Trible Sings Coltrane                                    7:00

Dir. Michael Blaze

1hr

Many of the Filmmakers will introduce their films and answer questions at the end. Meet the creators of Yacht Rock; JD Ryznar, Hunter Stair and Hollywood Steve Huey, Class Rooms; Tyler Spiers and Mike Rose.

Festival Tickets are $1. Tickets gets you movies all day. Five more get you skateboarding all day. Use Tickets for Food And Drink and more  All tickets are entered in our drawing. Drawing held all day in between bands.

STAGE SCHEDULE

10am Interfaith Blessing
11am Children’s Hour See the Children’s Play Stone in the Road
performed by Dramastage Qumran

12pm: Gospel Hour The Essenes & Chosen Gospel
1pm: DJ Saynt. Rave in the Afternoon!
1:30pm: Latin Rock; Ignacio Val
2:30pm Pop in Spanish and English; 620
3:30 pm Short Play; Dramastage Qumran Performs “Shelter Song”
4: 30pm DJ Saynt and Crew w/Community Drum Circle (bring a drum)
5:00 pm Hip Hop; Board Bangers
6:00pm R&B Jazz Artists; Local Musicians Back Street Kings
Featuring Grammy Award winning R&B performer Deacon Jones
Closeout with DJ Saynt & Crew

Skateboarding will be a street course laid out for your enjoyment.
Starts at 11am till 8pm $5 all day
--
Daniel Taylor
Executive Director