[Cwgrad-announcements] (no subject)

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 21 15:14:00 PDT 2007

Stu has gotten us a go-ahead-- so if you have a GOOD script
that matches the following requirement, go ahead and send it
along. Please forward this to any interested screenwriting
students you may know.

Best,

Robin

I am a graduate producing student at USC and seeing as this is
the final year of the program, it is time to begin my thesis
project.  Our thesis is a chance for us to option a script and
work through all the stages of developing that project and
preparing it to be taken to the marketplace upon our
graduation.  This would be an opportunity for us both to gain
collaborative experience and build our knowledge of the
process to prepare us for our future projects.

Here's the basic idea of what I am looking for.  A script that
is of "indie" level such that it will be a stepping stone for
us into the industry.  My sensibilities lean towards the
genres of family films and romantic comedies; however, I am
not one to shy away from any story whether light in tone or
from darkest depths of your mind.  While this outlines the
type of script I am looking for, I really want this to be as
valuable an experience for both of us as possible.  This
should extend to experience with contracts, notes, and general
creative meetings.  We will be in the trenches together
preparing ourselves to head into the real world and hopefully
this project can be used for that transition.  After all, we
are just beginning our journeys into this industry and this is
a time for us to truly learn what we got ourselves into.

If you are interested in meeting to chat or want to discuss
your possible ideas please feel free to call or email me.  Or
if you have a completed project send it my way and I will get
back to you after I read it.

Thanks for your time and maybe soon we will spend more of it
together.

Lindsey Rostal

USC Peter Stark Producing Program, Class of 2008
503.720.7851
lindsey.rostal at gmail.com