[Cwgrad-announcements] To screenwriting students

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 20 16:26:01 PDT 2007

This went out to UCLA students, but maybe with an intro from Stu you
UCR types can take a crack at it--

I am a student in the graduate producing program at USC and am
currently seeking a feature script to option for my thesis project.
I was wondering if you could forward on the following blurb to your
graduate and undergraduate writing students?  Thank you so much for
your help!

Cheers,
Lindsey

I am a graduate producing student at USC and seeing as this is the
final year of the program, it is time to begin my thesis project.
Our thesis is a chance for us to option a script and work through all
the stages of developing that project and preparing it to be taken to
the marketplace upon our graduation.  This would be an opportunity
for us both to gain collaborative experience and build our knowledge
of the process to prepare us for our future projects.

Here's the basic idea of what I am looking for.  A script that is of
"indie" level such that it will be a stepping stone for us into the
industry.  My sensibilities lean towards the genres of family films
and romantic comedies; however, I am not one to shy away from any
story whether light in tone or from darkest depths of your mind.
While this outlines the type of script I am looking for, I really
want this to be as valuable an experience for both of us as
possible.  This should extend to experience with contracts, notes,
and general creative meetings.  We will be in the trenches together
preparing ourselves to head into the real world and hopefully this
project can be used for that transition.  After all, we are just
beginning our journeys into this industry and this is a time for us
to truly learn what we got ourselves into.

If you are interested in meeting to chat or want to discuss your
possible ideas please feel free to call or email me.  Or if you have
a completed project send it my way and I will get back to you after I
read it.

Thanks for your time and maybe soon we will spend more of it together.

Lindsey Rostal

USC Peter Stark Producing Program, Class of 2008
503.720.7851
lindsey.rostal at gmail.com

Assistant Professor
robin.russin at ucr.edu