[Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd:Rosi Braidotti

Carly Kimmel chirs001 at ucr.edu
Sun Apr 8 17:47:57 PDT 2007

Hey everyone.. In case you hadn't heard Rosi Braidotti, an amazing
feminist theorist is continuing her visit at UCR next week.. I read a
lot of her work last quarter for my feminist discourses class, and
she it truly an insightful, amazing, and compelling woman. Her ideas
question and incorporate the theories of many other magnificent
thinkers (Butler, Halloway, Spivak, Freud, Lacan, D&G, Irigaray,
Kristeva, etc.) , but one of the things that really interested me,
was her discussion on sexual difference, cyborgs, and how technology
and the 'new world' affect our status as feminists.  I highly
recommend that anyone on campus this wednesday or thursday try to
check out either of her two remaining events.. listed below. She is
the type of woman, you will feel privileged to tell people you met in
person.
seriously - she's a really big deal.

-Carly Kimmel

Begin forwarded message: