[Cwgrad-announcements] Announcement, a question and an answer

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Thu Sep 14 09:49:11 PDT 2006

Dear all,
I am perhaps a bit dazed, confused and disoriented and therefore have
no idea when our very own MFA orientation will take place.  Anyone
know?
Also about that bike, I have a cool one except it's a little rusty and
might need a new chain... Alexis, you'll need to fix it up a bit but
you're welcome to borrow it indefinetely --or until you find a flying
carpet or broomstick or whatever means of transportation suits you...
If you're interested, contact me directly at gabrielajauregui at gmail.com
Finally, and keeping in mind precisely these kinds of (sometimes
embarrassing) everyday questions, and because every graduate program
that I've been to has a separate graduate student listserv, I decided
to start one for ourselves (not without the help and support of our
former grad rep, John). I think that this new listserv is practical
for announcing parties, yard sales and asking stupid questions about
homework; I especially think such student-only listservs help
strengthen and create a sense of community (which is especially
valuable when lots of people commute from different places, as is the
case with many of us).
If you're interested, please send me your names and e-mails so that I
can upload you all into our very own [cwpgrad-announcements]
listserv--don't worry I'm sure we won't spaminate your life.
best regards to everyone,
Gabriela