[Cwgrad-announcements] Article and reading invite

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Sep 5 14:08:58 PDT 2006

Hi MFA'ers,

   First, here is a great article from Poets and Writers about writing "ethnic" literature.  I found it really refreshing and recommend it to anyone who reads or writes "ethnic" literature, whatever that is.
http://www.pw.org/mag/0609/osanloo.htm

  Second, Edward P. Jones will be reading and discussing with our very own Susan Straight on September 21, 7pm in Downtown LA. at 200 South Grand Avenue north of MOCA.  He's one of my favorite writers and a certifiable genius since he did win a MacArthur Award.  I will definitely be going to this and perhaps after a group of us can hang out (ie get some drinks) in the area.

  Last, Ruben and I have finished up our call for editorial staff for the graduate art and literary journal, CRATE.   I'll be sending it out this week.  We're both really excited for it and already have tons of ideas on its layout, a multimedia CD, its theme, and release events.

See everyone at orientation.

best
Ky-Phong