[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: RATTLE e.1 release

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 6 08:04:46 PST 2006

Dear Poets,

We're happy to release RATTLE's first electronic issue -- we're going to be
putting together two each year, one in March and one in September, as a
suppliment to our print issues.  Six months is just too long to wait, and we
want to keep the poetry flowing.  The "E-Issues" will be malleable, but
include a good amount of original content, and a sample from each new print
issue.

I'm still trying to find the best way to diseminate this -- I could have
just attached the file, but that would mean a lot of bytes flying around,
and a lot of emails would remain forever isolated in junk-email folders.
What's more, I realize you didn't ask for this, and it's really not our
intention to annoy anyone (you find yourself included as an expired
subscriber).  So this time around I'm going to simply provide a notification
and a link.

To download the pdf, click here (or paste the url into your browser):
http://www.rattle.com/eIssue1a.pdf (850mb)

The issue is 41 pages, and includes a book excerpt of Erik Campbell's
Arguments for Stillness, a half-dozen photographs by Hal Bergman, and two
e-Reviews.  The second half is a preview of Rattle's winter issue -- five
poems and a portion of Alan Fox's interview with Jane Hirshfield.

As I explain in the introduction, we're trying to provide a broader venue
for poetry than we are able with the print issues -- I hope we've succeeded,
and I hope it proves a fun and enlightening read.  It's designed to be
printed out easily, in color or black and white, or just read on the
computer.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you have trouble downloading
the file, please write back.

When the next e-Issue is ready in March, I might end up just attaching the
pdf.  There's also a chance that we'll send another announcement or two
(though emailing this many people is no small task, so I don't know how
likely that is).  If you'd like to remove yourself from this list at any
time, please don't reply to me, but instead simply send an email to
unsubscribe at rattle.com  To add yourself or a new address, email
subscribe at rattle.com

Many thanks, and happy reading,
Tim

Timothy Green . Editor . RATTLE . 12411 <?xml:namespace prefix = ns0 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ventura Blvd . Studio City,
CA  91604 . 818.505.6777<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

www.rattle.com <http://www.rattle.com/>

Maurya Simon

Professor
Department of Creative Writing