[Cwgrad-announcements] [IRAF] Ten Minute Play Fest!

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Fri May 26 14:41:23 PDT 2006

Riverside Ten-Minute Play Fest

The Riverside Cultural Consortium is pleased to announce the Riverside
Ten
Minute Play Festival 2006, a new playwrighting competition in
conjunction with
the 10-day Fanning The Creative Flame fall arts festival. This year’s
winning
plays will be performed on Saturday, November 4, 2006 in downtown
Riverside.

The competition is open to both experienced and emerging playwrights.
All
submissions will be read anonymously and judged by a jury. Selected
playwrights
will receive a cash prize of $100 and will have their play performed
during the
2006 Riverside Ten Minute Play Fest.

The submission information and rules are as follows:

1.Play submissions must have a running time of ten minutes or less.
2.Individuals may submit as many plays as they wish, although a
separate entry
form and entry fee must accompany each submission.
3.If a play is selected for performance, it shall be produced as part
of the
10-Minute Play Festival on November 4, 2006.
4.Each submission must be postmarked by August 15, 2006 and include a
$5 entry
fee.  There shall also be a late deadline of September 1, 2006
(postmarked by)
with a late entry fee of $10. You may submit a written request to have
the fee
waived if this is a financial hardship.
5.Each submission must include a completed and signed entry form, a
check for
the entry fee (or request for a fee waiver), and one CD with the play
saved as
a Word document, and one typed hard copy of the play (single-sided,
double-spaced, unbound). Provide two cover pages (see below). Number
pages in
the upper right hand corner and include the play’s title on each page,
next to
the page number. We require two cover pages, one displaying the title
of the
play, the playwright’s name and the playwright’s contact information;
the other
cover page should list the title of the play, a brief description of the
setting and a character list. Playwrights will not receive individual
comments
by the judges; scripts will not be returned to the sender, so do not
send
original copies. Scripts will be evaluated on the basis of their
artistic merit
and their adherence to the rules of the contest. General guidelines for
formatting stage scripts are available for download at
<www.riversideculturalconsortium.org>
6.On the entry form, the submitting party must sign a paragraph
indicating that
s/he has the legal authority to submit the play for consideration, and
agree to
indemnify and hold harmless the Riverside Arts Council for any claims
resulting
from the production of the play.
7.If the submitting party is under 18 years of age, the entry form must
be
signed by a parent or legal guardian.
8.The Riverside Ten Minute Play Festival encourages respect for all
people,
tolerance of diverse points of view and the affirmation of freedom of
expression.

Riverside 10-Minute Play Festival 2006
Official Entry Form

Name of Play:			Name of writer(s) if different from entrant):
Submitted by:
Address:			Phone:
			Email:

Signature Required:
	I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree that to the best of my
knowledge, all of the statements of this Entry Form are true, and that
I have
read and accept all of the submission regulations stated on both pages
of this
document. I hereby represent that I am duly authorized to submit the
enclosed
script for consideration for the Riverside 2006 10-Minute Play Festival
under
the terms stated in this document.  Should the play be selected for
inclusion,
I grant the Riverside Arts Council the non-exclusive right to produce
and
perform the play during the 2006 10-Minute Play Festival, and I agree to
indemnify and hold harmless the Riverside Arts Council, Riverside
Cultural
Consortium,  and its volunteers for any claims resulting from the
production of
the play.

Signed: ______________________________	Date: ______________

Name (please print) ________________________________

If entrant is under eighteen (18) years of age, this Entry From must be
cosigned by a parent or legal guardian.

Signature of parent/legal guardian (if entrant is under 18 years of
age):
_________________
								Date:
__________________
Name of parent/legal guardian (please print):

	If performed previously, please describe where and when (list any
festivals or awards as well):

Checklist for submission materials
	Completed and signed Entry Form

	Entry fee (made payable to Riverside Arts Council); please check one:

		$5 (until August 1, 2006 – postmark)

		$10 (from August 2, through August 15, 2006 postmark)

	OR A Request for Fee Waiver due to Financial hardship (call
951/826-5126 for details)

Typed hard copy of script (see contest rules and general guidelines for
writing
stage plays at <www.riversideculturalconsortium.org>

	CD with play saved as a Word Document
      inlandregionalartsforum at npogroups.org

For all list information and functions, including changing
your subscription mode and options, visit the Web page:
      http://npogroups.org/lists/info/inlandregionalartsforum

Rickerby
Rickerby Hinds
Assistant Professor, Playwriting