[Cwgrad-announcements] Film biz summer internships...

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Thu May 11 21:27:10 PDT 2006

JOB OPENINGS

Seeking Assistant to Talent Manager / Producer at established management
/ Production Company. Candidate must be intelligent, resourceful, and
willing to go the extra mile it takes to succeed.
Great exposure and opportunity for meaningful contribution. Agency
experience and interest in comedy a plus. Please email resumes to:
NineYardsBFassistant at yahoo.com
---------------------

SUMMER INTERNSHIPS

Sales/Distribution Internship at New Regency

I oversee International Theatrical and Worldwide DVD releases for New
Regency's Distribution & Sales Department as well as strategic planning
concerning our television output agreements and acquisitions and sales
and license agreements.  I need an intern who will help me to prepare
financial forecasts using Microsoft Excel. Will look at past performance
of Regency films in specific markets on different platforms and Analyze
competitive film performances to project upcoming title's revenues.
It's quite an interesting internship which allows the potential intern
to learn about many different markets and aspects of film distribution -
from marketing, sales, license agreements, material delivery, etc.  I
like to work with hard-working yet fun people who can grasps concepts
quickly and can determine what information is useful and what isn't

Please send resumes to Manuel Correa at
manuel.correa at strictlykingsproductions.com.

--------------------------

Production internship at Mosaic Media Group

A Los Angeles based production company is looking for interns to work on
an independent film.  Candidates should be highly motivated, hard
working, detail oriented and have the ability to multi task.  The film
is shooting on location in Los Angeles and production will be starting
on June 12th.  This is an amazing opportunity for individuals to work
with top people in the industry and gain valuable film production
experience.  The positions are unpaid and for experience only.

If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Carter at (310)
786-4973 or send your resume and a cover letter to interns at email.com.

--------------------------

Development internship at Parkway Productions

Penny Marshall, A-List Director/Producer, seeking coverage interns for
this summer.  Work at home.  Take in conjunction with another
internship.  Easy hours.  Should have coverage experience and a sample
ready. 2 scripts a week.  Come into office.  Copy scripts.  Write
coverage.  Submit.  Easy as pie. 3 month minimum commitment.

For more information, contact ParkwayProds at aol.com

--------------------------

Research internship with 20th Century Fox TV

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION
A UNIT OF TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX FILM CORPORATION

Research and Marketing Internship

Job Description:
*	Monitor and analyze on-air promotional strategies for all TCFTV
programs on all networks
*	Create and maintain daily on-air promotion database and reports
*	Generate and update daily ratings reports that track the nightly
time period trends on each network
*	Maintain and update comedy and drama scripts revisions and tape
library
*	Gain an understanding of Nielsen ratings and demographic trends,
network marketing strategies, and how focus group information is
utilized with producers and network and studio executives

Department Structure:

As the Research and Marketing department of one of the largest suppliers
of primetime programming to the broadcast networks, we handle all
ratings analysis, primary research and strategic marketing analysis for
all TCFTV shows.  This includes daily reporting on the demographic
ratings performances of our programs, coordinating focus groups and
reporting the findings to producers and network and studio executives,
and analyzing the weekly on-air promotional strategies utilized by the
networks to promote our programs.

Email resumes to Casey Kyber Casey.Kyber at fox.com.

-----------------

Development internship at Smart Entertainment

Smart Entertainment is a management-production company. We manage mainly
writers and directors. Seth MacFarlane is a client (Family Guy, American
Dad), Ricky Blitt (Family Guy, The Ringer), David Dorfman (Anger
Management, My Boss's Daughter), among many others.

We are currently producing the Will Farrell-starer Blades of Glory for
DreamWorks-Paramount. Previously we have produced My Boss's Daughter,
The Ringer, and Anger Management. We are looking for energetic,
hard-working students who love movies, television, and reading, there
will be a lot of reading.

This is not an internship where they will be faxing, copying, filing.
They will be on phone calls with executives, reading submissions, in
direct contact with the producers and managers of this company (all 3 of
them). But they will be taken seriously. So much in fact, that the
intern we had last summer found the original script of Blades of Glory
in a pile he was reading. That film will be released next spring with a
huge marketing-publicity campaign. We have our hands in all aspects of
media and not only is Smart Entertainment a great place to learn, but
they'll be working with decent, intelligent, creative people (hard to
find in most companies in town).

Email resumes to Zac Unterman at Zac at smartentla.com.

---------------------

Production internship with Vivendi Universal Games

I am producer for Vivendi Universal Games' Media Productions team, an
in-house group responsible for producing TV spots, trailers, bonus
content, behind-the-scenes specials, and other "traditional media" tied
to VUG's slate of games.  Recently we produced for MTV and Spike TV a
half-hour special about 50 Cent, his empire, and his video game.
Currently we are recording voiceover performances for our upcoming
Scarface game and working closely with our partner Fox on a game based
on their holiday-'06 film, Eragon.  In short, we produce everything at
VUG except the games.

We are looking to fill at least one intern position in our group.  Our
work is very post-heavy with frequent diversions into the world of
production and crosses the high-tech world of emerging digital and
interactive media with traditional shooting and editing.  We are seeking
an intern who has a strong interest in games as well as an interest in
or knowledge of basic film/TV production.  (I am hoping, after we have
thrown open the door, other departments will bring on interns and give
them exposure in other areas, including hands-on game production.)  The
position will require some administrative chores (filing, tape shelving)
as well as some on-the-fly hands-on assignments (music recommendations,
set PA work).  We are a very busy, friendly, and egalitarian team who
welcome good ideas and strong contributions from any and all staffers.

Email resumes to Michael Herring at Michael.Herring at vugames.com.

-----------------

Internships with LA Film Festival

June 22 - July 2

The 2006 Los Angeles Film Festival is right around the corner and this
year's event promises to be more exciting than ever.  Beginning June 22
and continuing through July 2, more than 60,000 people will descend on
Los Angeles to celebrate independent cinema and the filmmakers behind
it. The festival screens over 175 narrative features, documentaries,
shorts, and music videos. Now in its twelfth year, the festival has
grown into a world-class event, uniting new filmmakers with critics,
scholars, film masters, and the movie-loving public.

Our internship program requires that you work a minimum of one eight
hour day and full time during the festival.  The festival runs from June
2 - July 22.

Internship Job Descriptions

FesTV
FesTV is a one hour television broadcast of the film festival covering
all of the events throughout the festival. The show will be available
for Podcasting.  Production crew will be given credit on the show.
Great way to build your resume.  Plus if you have a reel.

Segment Producers:Will be supervising shoots and coordinating to make
sure teams are available to cover production schedule.

Editors:	Great opportunity to get credit and experience.  Editor
should know Final Cut Pro and have editing skills.  Anyone with after
effects experience a plus.

Cinematographers:	This person will be responsible for shooting
both live events and studio interviews.

INDUSTRY LIAISON INTERN
General Job Description:
Want to work with up-and-coming filmmakers and seasoned industry
professions?

The Industry Liaison Interns will do just that.  Interns will assist the
Industry Liaison Producer.  Interns will work in the Festival Production
Office previous to the Festival and within the Target Red Room (a hot
spot!) at Festival time.  Interns will be interacting with and acting as
a conduit for Festival filmmakers and veteran entertainment executives.
We're looking for super-sharp, energetic individuals who will play an
integral part in making the Festival an enjoyable experience for all.
Interns will work hard but have fun.
Responsibilities:
*	Assist in building and maintaining lists and databases.
*	Mailing and following up on invitations to industry executives.
*	Coordinating travel logistics, itineraries and schedules for
filmmakers and VIP guests.
*	Hosting industry luncheons.
*	Answering filmmaker and entertainment executive's questions
regarding events they are participating in.
*	Providing information regarding ticket sales and policies, as
well as answering questions about the festival at large.
*	Assist with the distribution of festival passes and individual
tickets orders/will-call.
Qualifications:
Candidate must have excellent communication and organization skills,
with an attention to detail and deadlines.  Ability to multi-task, deal
with highly confidential matters, and should possess a positive and
team-playing attitude. Candidates must take direction well, and be
willing to pitch in where needed.   Interns must be able to interface
with a variety of "entertainment" personalities in a professional and
personable manner.  Looking for a team player with a sense of humor, and
the ability to work well under pressure.  Must be proficient in
Microsoft Word and Excel and an expert with FileMaker Pro.  Prior
entertainment office experience preferred but not necessary.  School
credit is available to those that qualify.  Must have a car and be able
to start ASAP.

Box Office Intern
General Job Description:
*	The Box Office Interns will work in the Intel Tech Pavilion &
Box Office and at various screening venues.  By interacting with
festival guests and offering superior, individualized customer service,
the interns will assist the Box Office in providing a positive first
impression of the Los Angeles Film Festival.
Responsibilities:
*	Assist in directing box office traffic and managing ticket
purchase and will-call lines.
*	Provide information regarding ticket sales and policies, as well
as answering questions about the festival at large.
*	Assist with the distribution of festival passes and individual
tickets orders/will-call.
*	Assist with scanning/counting ticket stubs and collecting
attendance data for all screenings and events.
*	Assist with miscellaneous box office projects as directed.
Qualifications:
*	Capability of communicating positively with customers to
establish their needs efficiently and courteously.

PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT INTERN
Work in an energetic office in the event department. You will be
supporting us in the preparation and logistics for the Festival.

Looking for:
*	Fun, positive attitude
*	Strong computer skills
*	Nice phone manner
*	'Give it a go' spirit
*	Passion for the film arts

Need to commit one day per week, then two weeks during the Festival.

Hard work, but super fun - and you will learn from an experienced team!

DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT INTERN
  Seeking interns with multi-tasking abilities. Proficiency in MAC:
  Excel, Word, Filemaker Pro and/or internet research abilities.
Projects
  assigned may include: Gift bag stuffing, VIP Even Guest Hosting,
special
  ticketing, shipments, and mass mailings. Must be a strong team player
with
  a can do attitude. Preference given to students seeking credit;
Minimum
8
  hrs. per week.

PUBLICITY INTERN
Gain valuable media-relations experience in the Los Angeles Film
Festival Press Office.  Intern must be willing to work one or two days a
week and full time during the festival.  Intern projects include:
*	Help develop press releases
*	Interact with filmmakers to gather publicity materials and
develop PR strategies
*	Help manage publicity materials library
*	Interact with national PR agency
*	Help manage information database
*	Coordinate interviews and coverage for festival and filmmakers
with local media
*	Track local festival and film coverage
*	Oversee press screenings in an independent manner outside of
office
*	Strategize and implement media outreach for special interest in
local community
*	Take on a leadership role during the festival to help manage the
Festival Media Center
*	Assist in training of festival volunteers
MUST be able to work in the Festival Media Center and be on hand
throughout the entirety of the festival and the week leading up to the
festival.  The festival runs from June 22nd to July 2nd in Westwood.
Intern should be conversant in Mac, able to communicate effectively,
work in a fast paced environment, willing to be a team player and have
an interest in film PR.

PROGRAMMING INTERN
Interns will work with programming department from April through June
with the option of helping out with the Festival from June 22-July 2,
2006.  Hours are determined based on intern availability and credit
needs.  Interns must be detail-oriented and responsible, computer skills
a must, familiarity with Filemaker Pro a plus.

Great experience for anyone interested in learning about the festival
world, especially since LAFF is expanding this year and taking place in
Westwood Village.

PRINT MATERIALS INTERN
Graphics Assistant:
Assist designer with content edits for a variety of printed materials.
Must be proficient in Quark XPress 6.0, Photoshop, and Illustrator and
have your own laptop with the required software. Must be detailed
oriented, able to follow direction well, and comfortable in a fast paced
environment.