[Cwgrad-announcements] Our Meeting with Dean Martin

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Thu Jun 1 09:12:07 PDT 2006

Dear peers,
Ky-Phong and I drove in today from Long Beach and Los Angeles to meet
with Dean Martin (alas, we didn't actually meet per se--he had car
trouble and so Sandra, his assistant, arranged for a phone conference
in the office).
He remains a vocal supporter of our program and is meeting with the
CFO next Tuesday to go over budget stuff and so we've hopefully put
Creative Writing TA-ships on his list of priorities for that meeting.
He has agreed to meet with us again (we've been temporarily pencilled
in for Wednesday) and so we'll keep you posted.
Meanwhile, keep your fingers crossed and write!
See you tomorrow at the second-year grad reading...
Best,
Gabriela