[Cwgrad-announcements] English dept. seminars for spring 2006

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Jan 30 08:15:55 PST 2006

TO:    Faculty graduate advisors and staff graduate advisors

Please forward this all-inclusive list for S'06 seminars offerings in
the
department of English to all you graduate students in your
department(s).

Please also be sure that every graduate student in your department(s) is
made aware of our department's policy that all seminar enrollments must
first be approved by the English department's faculty graduate advisor,
Professor Steve Axelrod.

Once permission is granted by Professor Axelrod, your students may sign
up
through GROWL during the pre-registration period beginning February 13.

When a student is given permission to enroll in a seminar, their place
is
reserved, therefore, we ask that any student that changes their mind
and no
longer wishes to enroll in the class or if they drop it, to please
notify
Professor Axelrod by email so that he can then make that slot available
another student.

While first priority must be given to English graduate students, we
recognize the need and interest of graduate students outside our
department, and in that spirit, we are happy to notify interested
graduate
students of the remaining seminar spaces if they will send their seminar
preference email to Professor Axelrod (see attachment).

If you would like anyone added or deleted from this quarterly email,
please
email me directly and I'd be happy to make the adjustment.

Thank you.

Tina Feldmann

Tina Feldmann
Administrative Assistant -- Graduate Studies
Department of English
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA  92521-0323
office: (951) 827-1454