[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Luncheons during candidates' visits

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Fri Jan 20 13:51:28 PST 2006

Dear All.

We are hoping that you'll be able to join us for some of the lunches and
dinners being scheduled four our visiting Nonfiction candidates in
February.

All the luncheons will begin at noon at the Barn, but we recommend that
you get there around 11:45 am, so that you'll have time to stand in line
to order your food, or to help set up a large table inside or outside
for our luncheon group.  Contrary to my earlier email, the department
won't be able to fund all the faculty lunches, with regret.  Only the
faculty member hosting the candidate's lunch will be reimbursed for
his/her meal.

We want to urge you to submit an essay to Yvonne for the Nonfiction
Workshops that the candidates will be conducting, and/or to ask your
best writing students to submit one.

Many thanks,
Maurya

Maurya Simon