[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: call for submissions: women's tales of revenge

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Jan 17 08:30:36 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurya Simon [mailto:maurya.simon at ucr.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 1:03 PM
To: Amanda Labagnara
Cc: Stephanie Hammer :
Subject: Fwd: call for submissions: women's tales of revenge

Dear Amanda,

Please forward this email to our faculty and grad students.  Thank you,
Maurya

Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:53:38 +0000 (GMT)
From: Mitzi Szereto <worddabbler at yahoo.com>
Subject: call for submissions: women's tales of revenge
To: worddabbler at yahoo.com

INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR WOMEN WRITERS: <?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
(OK, so if you're not a woman, pass this on to someone who is!)

Getting Even: Women's Tales of Revenge, an anthology edited by Mitzi
Szereto
(to be published by Serpent's Tail, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />London)

The "fairer sex"-we've all been screwed over in one way or the other,
with the screwers often walking away unscathed. Old story, right? But
what if FOR ONCE the "unfair sex" (and even some of our own) actually
got what's coming to them? Lover, husband, husband's bit on the side,
boss, child minder, neighbour, loan officer, auto mechanic, milkman,
whomever. Ladies, it's time to settle the score! Who says revenge ain't
sweet?

Specifications:
Stories can be of any length, but try to keep under 9,000 words.
Stories may be of any sexual orientation.
Unpublished material only.

Submission requirements:
S! ubmit stories in hard copy, double-spaced (with a Windows-compatible
file available on request). Manuscripts not chosen will be discarded, so
do not send your only copy. Include with your submission a brief author
bio and your email address. Please do NOT submit stories by email unless
I request it. For queries/postal information, contact:
worddabbler at yahoo.com

Submission deadline: 1 August 2006

(Mitzi Szereto has written and edited more than a dozen books, including
Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp Through the Classics; The World's Best Sex
Writing 2005; Dying For It: Tales of Sex & Death; Wicked: Sexy Tales of
Legendary Lovers; the Erotic Travel Tales anthology series, and the M.
S. Valentine erotic novels.)

If you're no longer interested in receiving my calls for submission,
please tell me.}

Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/hotmail_com/photos/*http://uk.p
hotos.yahoo.com/> Photos - NEW, now offering a quality
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/hotmail_com/photos/*http://uk.p
hotos.yahoo.com/> print service from just 8p a photo.

Maurya Simon

Professor
Department of Creative Writing
University of California Riverside