[Cwgrad-announcements] Practice Pitch Session

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Jan 3 11:31:19 PST 2006

Dear John,

Good luck with your Pitchfest-- It sounds like a great idea.

Could you please send an email out to our grad students asking if anyone
would be willing to volunteer on Saturday, Jan. 21st for an hour (from 11
am to noon) to sell books written by some of our Creative Writring faculty,
following an alumni event (reading) that we're presenting that day?

This alumni event will take place in Rm. 1500 HMNSS, and, actually, the
volunteer would only need to be present from 11:45 to about 12:15 for the
book selling.  I'm hoping to give the volunteer free copies of several of
the faculty books as remuneration for this work.

Many thanks,
Maurya

At 08:33 AM 1/3/2006, you wrote:
>Happy New Year everybody. I trust everyone had a good vacation. This note
>is to let everyone know that I'm going to be organizing a practice pitch
>session for any interested screenwriters, playwriters or anybody else.
>This is mostly to do with the upcoming joint UCLA/UCR Pitchfest, but I
>encourage you to come to the practice sessions even if you don't plan on
>attending the Pitchfest. Be it plays, book ideas, or spec scripts, most of
>us are going to have to pitch something to somebody at some point so it's
>good to have the practice. If you're interested please email me and let me
>know what day and time will work for you. I want to choose a time that
>will allow as many people to attend as possible, although this will just
>be the first of several practice sessions I hope to organize before the
>Pitchfest in May so there should be plenty of opportunity for everyone who
>wants to attend to do so. If any of you know of any Undergraduates who
>might be interested let them know this is coming up too.
>
>Thank you,
>
>John Shannon

Maurya Simon

Professor