[Cwgrad-announcements] deadlines and other stuff

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:03:15 PST 2006

Dear MFAs:

Some important deadlines and information:

1) By Week Two of Spring Quarter, all of you need to email either me or Rickerby (depending on whether your primary genre is in the Theatre Dept. or CRWT) a brief description of your specific accomplishments in the program to date, including: creative work (thesis and otherwise), courses taken and grades received, any awards and/or publications, etc.  These descriptions will be taken into consideration as we write your progress reports for the Graduate Division.

2) 2nd Year MFAs only: All of you should already have your thesis committee nailed down---this means not only that you have gotten the consent of your chosen faculty, but that you have notified them, especially your committee chair, of when you plan to graduate, and when you plan to submit your thesis to your three members.  Remember, give your committee enough time to read your thesis.

For those of you planning on graduating in June, the deadline for filing your Application for Advancement to Candidacy is March 30th.  The form can be found at: http://www.graddiv.ucr.edu/AdvCandForms/MAforms/CWPA-MFA.pdf

Best,
Andrew

Andrew Winer
Assistant Professor and Co-Chair