[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: SWINK: Taking Sides

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Feb 21 11:23:45 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurya Simon [mailto:maurya.simon at ucr.edu]
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Amanda Labagnara
Subject: Fwd: SWINK: Taking Sides

Hi Amanda,

Please forward this email to everyone.  Thanks, Maurya

Dear friends of Swink,

We've got two pieces of news to share.

First, our third online theme issue, Taking Sides, has just been
published-featuring stories, essays, and memoir by great writers like
Sean Ennis, Albert Mobilio, Nora Pierce, Ginger Strand, Matthew
Summers-Sparks, Genanne Walsh and others. And, if we do say so
ourselves, it's pretty great. Please check it out.

http://www.swinkmag.com/online.html
<http://www.emailbrain.com/sendlink.asp?HitID=1140269344000&SiteID=10808
&EmailID=13001492&Link=http://www.swinkmag.com/online.html>

Second, this theme issue is our last-Swink's online edition is changing
its format! We're dispensing with the themes, adding three new
departments, and gearing up to publish new work every week.

Our new departments are as follows:

Dead Letter Office.

This department features letters that won't be sent: letters that say
what you wish you'd said but didn't, what you want to say but can't,
what needs to be said but never will be-except here. At an author's
request, submissions can be published anonymously.

Homefront.

There are a million stories in the naked city-in any city: tell us
stories about yours. The feud between your neighbors, the ugliest tree
in your favorite park, the girl who sat across from you on the subway,
your obsessive-compulsive real estate broker, your transvestite
Tupperware saleswoman, the conversation you overheard at the grocery
store, the last customers at the all-night diner, whatever goes by the
window that makes you look closer.

Wits' End.

Comic essays, riffs and follies, from low-brow to high concept.

And, as always, we'll publish:

Fiction.

Stories of all stripes. Excerpts of forthcoming novels and story
collections welcome.

Essays.

Nonfiction that doesn't fit squarely into one of our three nonfiction
categories. Excerpts of forthcoming literary nonfiction books and essay
collections welcome. Scholarly essays are not.

Poetry.

Featuring up to five poems by each contributor.

We hope this inspires you to submit work to Swink's online edition in
the near future, and to spread the word to fellow writers. We look
forward to hearing from you soon!

Please visit Swink's web site for submission guidelines and contact
information:

http://www.swinkmag.com/guidelines2.html
<http://www.emailbrain.com/sendlink.asp?HitID=1140269344000&SiteID=10808
&EmailID=13001492&Link=http://www.swinkmag.com/guidelines2.html>

Yours,

The Editors
'http://www.emailbrain.com/' [] 'Forward [] 'Unsubscribe [] 'Manage  []
<http://www.emailbrain.com/images/emailbrain/eb_pow_end.gif>
[]
Swink - 244 Fifth Ave. , #2722, New York, NY 10001, United States

Maurya Simon

Professor
Department of Creative Writing
University of California Riverside