[Cwgrad-announcements] Re: FW: Another Scam

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Thu Feb 2 08:32:44 PST 2006

Not exactly - this MIGHT work from a PBX (say a
UCR phone or hotel phone) but NOT from a home or
cellphone.  See
http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/jailcall.asp.
(Snopes is a great place to check out things like this --cw)

At 03:14 PM 2/1/2006, amandal at ucr.edu wrote:

> [...]

D. Charles Whitney, Professor of Sociology and Creative Writing
Department of Creative Writing, 1607 HMNSS,
University of California , 900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA  92521-0118 951.827.6076 / Fax 951.827.3619