[Cwgrad-announcements] teaching positions

Elizabeth Faith doittojulia at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 20:39:06 PST 2006

Hello,

My name is Elizabeth Aamot (formerly Elizabeth
Chatterton). Some of you may remember me-- I graduated
from the MFA in 2005 (poetry), and I sometime show up
at readings and other events. I have been watching the
grad announcements for some time, and I remember that
many of you are concerned about gaining teaching
experience.

I just wanted you all to know that The Princeton
Review, the test preparation company I worked for all
through undergrad and the MFA, is hiring a TON of SAT
instructors for the spring. It's a really good job for
students who need teaching experience and aren't in
the chosen few who get teaching assistantships, as
well as TAs who need extra work to make ends meet. The
experience I gained there helped me to get several
adjunct teaching positions after the MFA. Plus, it's
pretty fun and relatively low stress for a teaching
job-- grading essays is optional and is paid extra.

The pay starts at $18 an hour, and you must be
available either M/W or T/R availability from 3-6
p.m., (some classes also run from 6-9 p.m.) and have
reliable transportation. They're interviewing this
week for training that starts January 5. They
compensate new hires for time spent in training.

If you're interested in the position or if you have
more questions, you can email me, or more directly,
email Akhil Sheth at AkhilS at review.com or call The
Princeton Review at (951) 788-5992.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to talk with me about
how I've found the post-MFA experience, I'd love to
share and also to hear what's up with MFA nowadays. My
email is doittojulia at yahoo.com

Best,
Elizabeth Aamot