[Crwt-undergrad-info] Sharing
Allison Hedge Coke
allisonh at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 22 18:07:37 PDT 2026
My name is Abtin Shafie (he/him), and I am a recent UCR alum who was
affected by the fire at the University Riverside Gardens Apartments. I
aspire to become a physician to continue serving underserved communities
with a dedication to improving access to equitable care. I believe that
meeting the needs of patients requires an understanding that goes beyond
the four walls of a medical office. That is why I am committed to always
learning about social determinants of health through a variety of contexts.
As a part of The Legacy Center at UC Irvine, I am excited to share
information about the Home and Well-Being Study with you! I believe this
study may lead to an increased understanding of how the UC system can
better support its LGBTQIA+ students, and thus contribute to an overall
increased understanding of how to meet the needs of LGBTQIA+ communities.
Our Home and Well-Being Study seeks to gather experiences and data to
describe how LGBTQIA+ UC students are impacted by housing insecurity. The
Home and Well-Being Study will collect valuable information to help shape
how UC campuses can better support LGBTQIA+ students and meet their basic
needs.
Myself and Alex Paredes (research assistant) would love to have a brief
10-15 minute chat with you to learn more about how we can better reach more
students at UC Riverside and to share more about the study! Alex has
created a convenient booking page to help us find a time that we're
available. Booking Page Link: https://calendar.app.google/nuQgAxrPhvBFjMNW7
.
Please let me know when you’ll be available for a chat! You can also email
us at abtin.shafie at email.ucr.edu and paredej3 at uci.edu. .
Regarding the study itself, if you yourself are interested, or know of
anyone else who might, you can complete and/or share the interest form
linked here: https://uci.questionpro.com/HWBinterestform
We have also attached our poster below. The flyer reflects updated details
about the study. If you have already shared news about the project, thank
you! It truly makes a difference. Your help is vital to this work. 💛
Thank you!
Abtin Shafie (he/him) and Alex Paredes (she/her) 🌈🏳️⚧️ UCI, The Legacy
Center
Alex Paredes formerly: Jacob Paredes
Legacy Center Website: https://sites.uci.edu/legacy/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ucr.edu/pipermail/crwt-undergrad-info/attachments/20260922/ffe3762c/attachment.htm>
More information about the Crwt-undergrad-info
mailing list