[Corebotanyfaculty] Thematic areas for open searches - Discussion on April 1

Danelle Seymour dseymour at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 25 20:25:58 PDT 2024

Dear All,

We previously discussed shifting our next faculty searches to “open” calls with an emphasis on certain thematic areas. We will discuss these thematic areas in faculty meeting on Monday, April 1. Please provide feedback either in the document or by direct message.

This document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IBRMMxqZ7W7aMm6JKXeqOvrUp6BT-H9PuU9EtDJgJns/edit?usp=sharing> outlines the proposed thematic areas and highlights related disciplines under each area (these were taken from our current 5 year plan).

After discussion on Monday we will rank the thematic areas to identify preferences to put forward in our academic plan for next year.

All the best,
Danelle
Danelle Seymour, PhD
Assistant Professor