[Corebotanyfaculty] Updates to 2158 AV

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 25 13:25:40 PST 2024

Hi everyone,  we are finally getting AV updates to 2158. An 86” (diagonal) monitor with camera and microphone will be installed to make the room zoom capable.  It will be installed on the front wall, to the left of the door, since it can’t go on the back wall because of the door into Keen Hall.

ITS is doing the work, and was planning to remove the existing projector and screen.  Does anyone feel strongly that we should keep the projector and screen?  The screen is significantly larger, which might be important for some uses.  The projector wiring is a bit “messy” so I would be happy to remove it.  An intermediate solution might be to keep the screen, which would allow use of a portable projector if needed.

Please let me know your thoughts here:  https://forms.gle/p5xPpnHRw9KEWDt46

Thanks, patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu<mailto:pspringer at ucr.edu>
bpschair at ucr.edu