[Corebotanyfaculty] Plant resilience to climate change search - committee recommendation

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 16 21:37:49 PST 2024

Hi everyone,
Sorry to interrupt your Friday evening.  Monday is a holiday, so we will not have a faculty meeting.   The search committee for the Plant Resilience to Climate Change faculty position has submitted their recommendation.  Briefly, they rank the four candidates who interviewed as:

1) Sunil Raju
2) Sassoum Lo
3) Allie Gaudinier

They conclude that the 4th candidate, Amy Lanctot, is not suitable for this position at this time.

The committee recommends that we move forward to request permission to negotiate with the top ranked candidate. I would like to take a vote to approve requesting permission to begin negotiations with their top ranked candidate, Sunil Raju.

I attach the committee summary of the candidates, which explains their recommendation.  You can see the full applications for each of the candidates here (with your UCR gmail login):  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1curs6k1Gn_9C_Gc7j4nmVE_CHObQHAGa?usp=sharing

I would like to discuss the other candidates on the list at a faculty meeting on Feb 26.

Please vote on approval of initiating negotiations with Sunil Raju, their top-ranked candidate here:  https://forms.gle/dY8rg2CGsGuFme69A
Please vote by noon on Tues Feb 20

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu<mailto:pspringer at ucr.edu>
bpschair at ucr.edu