[Corebotanyfaculty] Faculty meeting today at 2 in Pierce 2343

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 2 13:25:02 PDT 2023

One last minute agenda item.  I’m attaching the proposed position description for the faculty search in plant resilience to climate change.  It would be great if we can discuss this and vote either today or via email after the meeting.

Hi everyone,  we’ll meet at 2 today in Pierce 2343.  Bring your own coffee.  There will be cookies.

For those who would like to attend via zoom, the link is:

https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98884543340?pwd=WE10Z3JuWTdYZXpOSHFiMUYvWkRhUT09
Meeting ID: 988 8454 3340
Passcode: 367750

I apologize for sending the agenda so late.  It is below:

Agenda:
1. Announcements

2. Merit and Promotion schedule and eFile documents.

  *   Bylaw 55 — no request to reconsider was received, so voting rights remain in effect
  *   Discussion of Teaching, Research, and Covid-19 statements.  Revised documents are attached and here:   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HpBFMbEZesyULUlIZuKG_uW8kSaO33oV9lv3vhtdNik/edit?usp=sharing

3.  Vote on reappointment of adjunct faculty Devinder Sandhu and Jorge Ferreira.  Files will be provided shortly.

 4.  Further discussion and vote -- Removal of Chem 8C (3rd quarter of organic chem) from our major and course prereqs.   See attached syllabi

            We will discuss the Physics requirement later, when we have information about the new series for life sci majors

5.  Graduate program -   Changes to handbook and policies. See attached memos from GEAC

  *   Exams and committee meetings – remote option
  *   Oral qualifying exam format

6.  Grad program review – any comments on external report?    Response to correct factual errors dues 10/9. attached.

7.  Position description (job ad) for search in Plant Resilience to Climate Change.