[Corebotanyfaculty] Commencement dates/info

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Thu May 4 12:55:28 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,
I want to draw your attention to the changes in UCR commencement this year.

The Graduate Division hooding ceremony (PHD and MFA) for the entire campus will take place Saturday June 3, at 9 am.  The date to register and order regalia has passed, but contact grad division if you overlooked the deadline and want to attend.

All undergraduate ceremonies have been moved to the Toyota Arena in Ontario.
CNAS will have 2 ceremonies:
8 am for Biology and CMDB majors
1 pm for all other CNAS majors including Plant Biology

None of us are happy about this change, which takes the commencement ceremonies far away from campus.  I anticipate poor faculty participation, and will understand if you choose not to attend.  But I ask that you consider attending one of the two ceremonies if your schedule allows.  It will mean a lot to our students to have faculty in attendance.

Information about registration and ordering regalia is here: https://commencement.ucr.edu/faculty

Thanks, patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu<mailto:pspringer at ucr.edu>
bpschair at ucr.edu