[Corebotanyfaculty] Power fully restored in Batchelor

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Sat Jun 3 23:26:11 PDT 2023

Hi all,

It took a bit longer than expected, but power was fully restored to the building tonight around 10:30 pm.  It came back on in phases, because they had to turn on individual breakers.  I walked through the building with Eric Focht, who was waiting patiently to get into his lab and power up a piece of equipment.  We checked as many freezers as we could find and everything seemed to be running.  I recommend checking your equipment tomorrow just in case.  One good outcome is that we now have full emergency in the building.

This was an enormous job and it was a really long day for the contractors and the UCR project manager, John Franklin, who was here from ~ 3 am until power was restored tonight at 10:30.  They were very responsive to the few small issues that arose during the day.

Enjoy the rest of  the weekend.  Patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu
bpschair at ucr.edu